This is the last night of this month's countdown, and it's all about those awesome fellows! You know... those boys or men in your life. We, the Papertrey Ink DT, have another group post to share tonight!
Since Boy Basics: Rock On ($5) is a set I designed I chose to showcase that for this group post. Well... since I designed Boy Basics: Simple Circles ($5) and Ad Sense ($15) too... I've got a some of those to share also!
First off is a card using Boy Basics: Rock On that has a real retro feeling. There are several details about this card that I want to point out. The Black & White Basics patterned paper is usually very bright white. I used a T1 Copic marker to color over the white space to dull it a little. The guitars are all stamped on White cardstock then I used Copic marker to color over the entire die cut guitar.
You could say I gave my Copic marker's a workout on this one... it was SO fun!
This "you ROCK" sentiment is so fun to color. I also outlined the sentiment with that same T1 marker. There is a medium silver shimmer star that backs the sentiment.
Next is a fun birthday card for a young man that's turning 5!
The sentiments are from Ad Sense. It's fun how the Bigger & Better sentiment works with birthdays. A few other details are the use of the dot circle from Borders & Corners: Circles. It perfectly frames the larger circles from Boy Basics: Simple Circles! I also used 2 cuts of the By The Numbers dies to create shadows.
Next is another retro card combining Boy Basics: Simple Circles and Ad Sense!
I would feel comfortable giving this to any older teen boy or man. I used the new Simple Circles Border die for this one. I really enjoy using this one! I got mine a little late because of being on vacation, but the other DT members have made amazing projects using it... I hope you will see them!
The Die cut frame from Ad Sense is Vintage Cream stamped with True Black, Pure Poppy and Smoky Shadow. Notice the little Limited Edition image and die? That's a fun and easy way to add extra dimension.
Here is a quick overview of the dies for these sets.
Ad Sense Dies- $7, Simple Circles Border Die- $7 and Rock On Die -$3 (Seriosly great prices huh!)
This is totally geared toward a young man or teen. I used the frame and sentiments from Ad Sense and the guitar, notes and sentiment from Boy Basics: Rock On.
I hope you've enjoyed this month's sneak peeks of Boy Basics: Rock On, Boy Basics: Simple Circles and Ad Sense! I'm excited for you to see what the other DT members have created using these sets. It amazes me how versatile they really are! Here are the links to the other blogs to see what they've created using a Boy Basics stamp set. Nichole will also be sharing a little about Ad Sense!
- Nichole Heady
- Erin Lincoln
- Maile Belles
- Betsy Veldman
- Dawn McVey
- Heather Nichols
- Melissa Phillips
- Michelle Wooderson
- Danielle Flanders
- Jessica Witty
Don't forget that everything starts being available on April 15th! Yeah! So close!
Thanks for poppying by friends!
- Stamps- Rock On
- Ink- True Black, Noir
- Copic markers- R27, B11, T1, YG11, Y
- Paper- White, True Black, Black & White basics, Silver Shimmer
- Other- Rock On die, Seeing Star Dies, Circle Punch, Corner Rounder
- Stamps- Ad Sense, Boy Basics: Simple Circles, B&C: Circles
- Ink-, Pure Poppy, Enchanted Evening, Orange Zest, Ripe Avocado
- Paper- Kraft, Rustic Cream , Pure Poppy, Enchanted Evening,
- Other-Scalloped Border Die, Numbers Dies, Circle Punch
- Stamps- Ad Sense, Boy Basics: Simple Circles, My Hero, My Dad
- Ink-, Pure Poppy, Smoky Shadow, True Black
- Paper- Pure Poppy, Smoky Shadow, Vintage Cream
- Other-Ad Sense Dies, Simple Circles Border dies, Crystals
- Stamps- Rock On, Ad Sense, BB: Sheet Music
- Ink- True Black, Noir, VersaMark, Encore Silver
- Copic markers- R27, B11, T1, YG11, Y
- Paper- White, True Black, Spring Rain, Orange Zest, Simply Chartreuse
- Other- Rock On die, Seeing Star Dies, Circle Punch, Corner Rounder, brads